Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Museum
Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Front Facade
Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Before Restoration
Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Historic Photo
Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Interior
Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Hosting Students
The Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse that stands today was built in 1880 and served the community as a school from 1880 to 1958. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was determined to be a significant historic property because it possesses authentic characteristics of a 19th century one-room schoolhouse. The fine artisanship of the building, most clearly demonstrated in the pattern of the stone work, was exceptional for its time.
An anonymous donor funded the restoration of the schoolhouse and its conversion into the Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse Museum. Artefact created the restoration plans and coordinated the work. Today the schoolhouse is owned and maintained through a partnership between Lower Saucon Township and the Lower Saucon Historical Society. Students visit the museum to learn about local history. Many community events, such as History Day, Harvest Festival, picnics and community meetings, are held at the schoolhouse.